LJ Eye Institute in Ambala City (Haryana) is offering best Optometry internship course in Haryana. 1-Year duration optometry training course in Haryana at LJ Eye Institute.
What is Optometry Internship course?
Optometry internship is an Industrial training course for optometry students. As an optometry intern, you participate in a training or research program as a student. In this role, you may shadow an optometrist to learn more about their daily duty. Duration of the Optometry Internship program is 1 Year. Optometry Internship offer students the chance to put what they are learning into action, in a real-world environment. This helps you better understand the real time problems, practical exposure with various machines & technologies used in Ophthalmology and patients psychology you have been reading about, cementing the learning process and giving you greater focus.
Optometry Internship at LJ Eye Institute
- 12-month internship in Clinical Optometry
- Wide exposure to OPD patients, eye camps, and latest machines for cataract, Lasik, retina & glaucoma
- Opportunity to work under experienced Doctors
- Opportunity to learn from senior experienced Optometrists
- LJ Eye Institute is the biggest Cornea facility in Haryana, Punjab , Himachal Pardesh and J&K region
- LJEI is a super speciality eye Institute, where you get to know wide spectrum of technicalities of optometry
- Highly professional working environment & Agile Framework
- A large number of OPD patients and free camp patients for practice
- Scope of learning differential diagnosis
- A very close connectivity to Railway station & just 45 minutes from Chandigarh Airport.
Optometry Internship Objectives
- Provide all-inclusive training Optometry involving all ophthalmic specialties.
- Optometry skills like refraction, effective communication with Patient, slit lamp examination, applanation tonometry, and other routine OPD and diagnostic procedures.
- Patient evaluation & Counselling on Visual/Ocular hygiene, nutritional, and environmental modifications.
- Adequate knowledge to fit, assess, prescribe, and dispense Contact lenses for refractive correction.
Optometry Internship Course Content at LJ Eye Institute
Vision Checking Objective refraction Subjective Refraction Slit lamp microscopy
- Patient communication
- Medical Record
- Vision Therapy:
Basic squint evaluation Orthoptic evaluation bynocs
- Contact Lens:
Basic work up Soft contact lens fitting Toric contact lens fitting RGP contact lens fitting. Scleral Contact Lens fitting.
Tonometry Perimetry Gonioscopy Disc imaging
- Ocular prosthetic:
Basics of ocular prosthesis artificial eye fitting impression taking
Keratometry A – Scan Biometry B – Scan Corneal Topography & Aberrometry . OCT & Fundus Photography. FFA – Observation only.
- Contact lense
- Operation theatre:
Sterilization of OT and instruments and assisting in OT
- Community Ophthalmology:
The candidates will be posted in the vision centres and community outreach programs.
Other important points about Optometry Internship One Year Course at LJ Eye Institute – Ambala
|The candidate should have completed their 3 years of optometry education from a recognized optometry school/college/institute.
|Based on Academic performance and Interviews. 15 days probationary training/ assessment at the hospital.
|Mode of Study:
|No. of seats:
|50 seats per year
|Fill our online application form. Click This Link.